Friday, March 28, 2008

Wish i was on the boat !



I have never been into sailing but these boats always fascinate me and probably that is the reason I enjoy taking their photographs. Wish I could be on the boats ! It is beautiful site now a days at Upper lake in Bhopal to seeing these boats cruising along the waters of lake during afternoon and sunset. Experts tell me that a sailboat's course is the direction it is heading. The skipper usually sits on the windward (upwind) side of the boat, and the sails are on the leeward (downwind, pronounced lew' ard) side. The wind direction is named for its source. A west wind comes from the west.

Bhopal upper lake has India's first National Sailing Club on its Eastern side. This club offers various options of water sports including sailing. (pic - anil gulati)

4 comments:

shehla Masood said...

heyyyy gr8 Pict.

Ashish Maharishi said...

thanks for this information and Great image

ashish maharishi
9867575176

Raju Neera said...

Dear sir ji,
It is nice work that not only you show your hobby but also inform and educate to freinds and pear groups.
Now a days I have more work so that can't update my blog.
You can uplaod about how many migatory birds comes in Bhopal last summer. I think number and variety of birds are increased. How do you think?

Anonymous said...

this looks great but problem are thoose motorboats which are pollluting the upper lake.